Welded Type Gabion Basket
It’s rectangular type of baskets composed of welded wire mesh panels. Welded gabion is commonly made from Hot Dip Galvanized or Galfan.
Gabions are wire mesh baskets formed by connecting individual panels of mesh with helical spirals or hog/C Rings.
We supply highest-quality welded wire mesh products for soil retention, soil stabilization, erosion control, flood management, along with various architectural and landscaping applications.
Comparing to woven hexagonal gabion, welded gabion box is more rigid in shape.
- Mesh Wire Type: Hot Dip Galvanized /Gulfan
- Welded wire mesh
- Mesh Size in mm:100X50/75X75/50X50
- Mesh Dia (Gulfan/HDG): 4mm/5mm
- Length : 975mm or 2025mm & customized
- Width : 50mm, 675mm, 975mm, 1350mm, 1500mm or 1650mm
- Height : 300mm, 450mm or 675mm
- Connections: spiral Wire, U clip, hog ring
- Tensile Strength of Wire : 380-550 N/mm2
- Galfan Coating : Confirming to BS EN 10244-2 Class A
- Tolerance : Confirming to BS EN 10218-2
- Heavy Hot-dip galvanized, Zinc coating: 200g/m2 – 280g/m2 in accordance with EN10244-2 Class A
- Corrosion Resistance : Galfan coated (95% Zinc / 5% Al) in accordance with BS EN 10244-2: 2009 (Class A)
- Center diaphragms: @ 1 mtr interval for boxes with length > 2 mtr
- Gabion manufactured from ISO 9001 standard certified factory
SKU/ ADMAX Grade Coding
|ITEM Code||Length (m)||Width (m)||Height (m)||Volume M3||Rock Size in mm||Approx. box Weight in kg||Wire Dia in mm||Aperture in mm||Shipping Detail|
Assembly & Installation & Rock Filling
- Each gabion includes: Corner stiffeners, spiral, binders (these are long spring-like
formed wire for panel joints)
- Put on your safety glasses and work gloves
- Unfold gabion panels and layout flat
- Adjacent panels should be joined together at intersecting corners by winding the
spiral tie starting at the top and winding down the mesh.
- At the top and bottom end of the spiral tie, turn the ends back vertically and close
tight to secure the spiral from moving.
- Corner stiffeners and coil of lacing wire is supplied for internal bracing and
joining to adjacent baskets.
- Stiffeners shall be placed across corners at 300mm from the corner.
- All horizontal joints are laced in the factory except the lid.
- After filling, close the lid and secure with spiral binders at the diaphragms, end,
front and back.
- During stacking of Gabion, the lid of the lower tier will be used as base of upper
tier. Secure with spiral binders and add pre formed stiffeners to exterior cells
before filling the graded stones.
- Alternatively C’ HOG RINGS: can be used for all jointing of units. Closing the rings
requires a mechanical tool and a pneumatic gun. ‘C’ rings must be fixed every
other mesh space on all joints.
- Available minimal rock size: dense and durable stone from 100mm to 250mm.
Application, Advantage and Characteristics